Food safety and consistently high standards of product quality are the overriding priorities at BD Foods and our robust standards of technical compliance are rigorously enforced, monitored and maintained.
We have held A Grade certification for compliance with the British Retail Consortium’s Global Standard for Food Safety for the last 8 years and have recently been awarded A Grade under the new BRC Issue 6 standard.
Key areas of this Food Safety Protocol are:
- Quality management system
- Hazard analysis system [HACCP]
- Fully documented process and quality controls at each stage of the manufacturing process
- Raw materials, work-in progress materials and final product testing and assessment
- Rigorous sourcing and procurement of the best quality raw materials
- Formal in-house shelf life testing of all new and existing products
- Maintenance and upkeep of an extensive bank of over 3,000 of our product recipes and specifications.
Sue Kitchen BSc Hons
Senior Quality Technologist